If you’re reading this, you’ve probably noticed how popular Angry Orange is on the internet. Pet owners seem to love Angry Orange products and swear by their effectiveness. That has led you to wonder if you, too, can use Angry Orange to mop your floor and remove pet urine smell from your floors.
You can mop your floors with Angry Orange and use it on surfaces like carpets, tiles, concrete, and hardwood floors. Angry Orange can remove even the toughest pet odors from any surface and clean the worst stains, such as urine, feces, and vomit.
It’s important to always test a small area to make sure that a product does not cause any discoloration or other unwanted effects. Now, let’s look at the right way to use Angry Orange on different surfaces and choosing the right Angry Orange product according to your need.
How Do I Mop Floors With Angry Orange?
Angry Orange products are easy to use and don’t require much preparation. And, they work great on all types of floors.
You can mop floors with Angry Orange by using it as a mopping solution. Put a couple of ounces of Angry Orange in a bucket and mix it well with water. You can use this solution to mop any kind of pet stain and odor.
While an Angry Orange spray is ready to use out of the box, you’ll have to dilute Angry Orange concentrate with water before using it (source).
Let’s see what the proper ways to use spray and concentrate are.
How To Use Angry Orange Spray
The Angry Orange spray comes in a spray bottle and doesn’t need any preparation before application.
Here’s the step-by-step process to use Angry Orange Spray:
- Keep a little distance between the bottle and the surface and spray directly over the area you want to clean. Continue till the area is damp.
- Use a sponge or towel to soak up excess liquid.
- Give it a couple of minutes to dry. Then, you can enjoy the scent of citrus.
Alternatively, you can spray this in a mop bucket and use the solution for mopping.
Shop for Angry Orange products (link to Amazon).
How To Use Angry Orange Concentrate
It’s not advisable to use Angry Orange concentrate directly on fabric or surface. It would be best if you dilute it with water first.
Here’s how to prepare Angry Orange concentrate for Use:
- Take an unused spray bottle. Pour 2 ounces (4 tablespoons or 60 mL) of Angry Orange concentrate into a 32-ounce (946 mL) spray bottle or 1.75 ounces (3.5 tablespoons or 51.75 mL) of concentrate into a 24-ounce (709 mL) spray bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water.
- Tighten the spray top and shake well before using it.
Once you have the diluted solution ready, you can use it the same way as Angry Orange spray for mopping.
How To Use Angry Orange on Different Floors?
As I mentioned, Angry Orange works quite well on different types of floors. It also works great on:
- Litter boxes
- Around bushes
You can use Angry Orange on any surface in three simple steps:
- Spray the product on the intended area until it’s damp.
- Wipe off the excess liquid.
- Let it dry.
While the process of using Angry Orange on different surfaces is the same, you can get even better results by employing a few tweaks.
How To Use Angry Orange on Tiles
Tiles and grouts are easier to clean because they don’t absorb liquids like other surfaces, and thus, they don’t get damaged due to pet urine.
Here’s how you can use Angry Orange to get rid of pet urine smell and make your floor smell good again:
- Shake the bottle of Angry Orange well before using it, and spray a generous amount of the solution over the affected area.
- Give it 10 to 20 minutes to work.
- Use a scrub brush or bristle broom to work up the cleaning solution. Pay more attention to slight gaps between tiles and grout joints. Rinse it off with water.
- Use a mop or a towel to dry the remaining liquid.
How To Use Angry Orange on Rugs and Carpets
As a pet parent, you might’ve been avoiding using expensive, stylish rugs and carpets because you know they’ll eventually end up becoming poop and pee pads for your cats and dogs. However, thanks to Angry Orange, you don’t need to worry anymore.
Follow these steps to clean pet odor and old as well as new stains from fabric:
- Use paper towels to blot and absorb as much of the stain as possible.
- Spray the solution on the intended spot until the area is damp.
- Let it soak for between 5 to 10 minutes to get rid of the foul scent. Then, wipe it with a cloth.
How To Use Angry Orange on Hardwood Floors
If you come across a puddle of urine soon after your pet urinated, the cleaning process can be a bit easier for you. However, even if you don’t, there’s no need to fret.
These steps will help you get rid of stains and smells, whether old or new:
- Soak up the puddle as soon as you come across one. You can use paper towels or some old rags to absorb as much of the liquid as possible.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the puddle if it is less than 24 hours old. If it’s older than that, you should use a hydrogen peroxide-based cleaner. Soak a towel in the cleaner and leave the towel on the stain for over 15 minutes.
- Spray Angry Orange on the floor. Please make sure the floor is damp, but don’t overdo it. A simple coating of spray is more than enough in most cases.
- Let it dry for a couple of minutes. Then, mop the area and let it dry.
Choosing the Right Angry Orange Product for Your Floor
Angry Orange offers three main types of products:
- Pet Odor Eliminator
- Pet Stain & Odor Remover
- Eliminati Luxury Bathroom Spray
The Pet Odor Eliminator has three different variations, Concentrate, Spray, and Gallon Refill, while the Pet Stain & Odor Remover comes in two different scents, Fresh Citrus and Fresh Clean.
As mentioned earlier, you can use Angry Orange to mop your floor, but the choice of products you should use depends on what exactly you expect it to do.
The table below can help you decide:
|Product||Odor Eliminating||Stain Removal|
|Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator Concentrate||Yes||No|
|Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator Spray||Yes||No|
|Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator Gallon Refill||Yes||No|
|Angry Orange Pet Stain & Odor Remover||Yes||Yes|
|Angry Orange Eliminati Luxury Bathroom Spray||Yes||No|
If you want to use Angry Orange to get rid of bad smells, you can pick any of the products, and you won’t be disappointed. However, if you want to remove stains along with pesky smells, you should use Pet Stain & Odor Remover.
You can use Angry Orange to mop your floors.
Angry Orange spray can be used directly on the surface, while Angry Orange concentrate needs to be diluted before using.
You can use Angry Orange on any type of flooring by spraying it on the affected area until it’s damp, cleaning the excess liquid, and then letting it dry.
Always remember to test a small area to make sure no discoloration or other issues result on your specific floor type.
Shop for Angry Orange products (link to Amazon).
Declutter your home once and for all (Even if you have no time and don't know where to begin)! Learn More.